You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera on iPhone 6s Plus opens up as black screen

I’m using an iPhone 6s Plus with the latest iOS. Ive been having a problem where when I open my camera app and all it opens up is a black screen but the settings menu and other camera options will be on the screen. I’ve tried force closing the app and even force restart iPhone but the problem keeps coming back. Are there any solutions to this problem or do I have to wait for the newer software update

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 14, 2018 7:43 PM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2018 1:40 PM in response to lingeswaran

Hello lingeswaran,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iPhone 6s Plus and the Camera. It sounds like you have tried all the steps provided in this help article: Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch​

You see a closed lens or black screen

If you see a closed lens or black screen when you open the Camera app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

If the issue remains, the next recommended step from the article is to have the device seen at an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store. Prior to visiting an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store, It is recommended to have your device backed up, and to have your Apple ID and password prepared. Please check this help article for everything to help you prepare for your appointment: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Camera on iPhone 6s Plus opens up as black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.