Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t listen to purchased music on iCloud on my phone

I recently bought a large music album on iTunes. The album appeared on both my MacBook Pro and on my iPhone. I accidentally removed the album from my iPhone and now I can only listen to it on home sharing. I can also download it but I’d rather not since it’s a large album. I have noticed that it’s not listed as a purchase on the iTunes Store on my phone though it is listed on my purchases on iTunes on my Mac. How can I listen to it on my phone through the cloud again and why isn’t it listed as a purchase? Thanks, Jon

Posted on Aug 16, 2018 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2018 8:16 PM

The way you removed it on the phone has caused it to be hidden from your purchase history and removed from your iCloud Music Library. iTunes these tracks will now have an iCloud status of removed. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support for details.

In iTunes select the tracks of the album then right/ctrl-click and use Add to Library.

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to restore the hidden purchase.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2018 8:16 PM in response to YSJZ

The way you removed it on the phone has caused it to be hidden from your purchase history and removed from your iCloud Music Library. iTunes these tracks will now have an iCloud status of removed. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support for details.

In iTunes select the tracks of the album then right/ctrl-click and use Add to Library.

See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support to restore the hidden purchase.

tt2

Aug 16, 2018 10:23 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks very much. You are indeed correct. After much obsessing, I finally found the hide/unhide page in my account section and as soon as I clicked unhide, the album returned my iPhone and I can listen again while it’s on the cloud. I initially called Apple Support and he was very helpful in enabling me to listen through Home Sharing but we didn't try this option. He even spent some time checking with the technical staff. We also tried deleting my iCloud account and then reconnecting but it didn't help getting back the Album. I only discovered later that the Album was no longer listed as one of my purchases in the phone. To his credit, when I asked for help I said I needed help with my iPhone so he is probably on the iPhone support group. He even suggested transferring me to iTunes help but I was getting a little tired. I assume they would have seen what the problem was more quickly. Anyway, thanks again for you help. It's nice to be able to listen again to the music I bought. Jon

Can’t listen to purchased music on iCloud on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.