Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail cannot access AOL Mail

I am having intermittent trouble sending and receiving AOL mail across all of my devices today (multiple Macs & iPhone). I'm getting the "Can't connect to the account AOL" message, followed by the "Unable to verify account name or password" message . Is there some system-wide or AOL issue?

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.3), null

Posted on Aug 16, 2018 7:21 PM

5 replies

Aug 18, 2018 8:23 PM in response to tcanavan852

My AOL account issues continue. It's intermittent . I did delete the AOL account from all devices ( Macs and iOS devices) and reinstalled last night. It worked Ok for most of today then displayed the same problem again tonight- asked for password then stated "Unable to verify...". I then deleted the account on my iPhone and added it back. The account appeared but no email. 20 minutes later, email came back. But, Mac Mail is not working still for AOL.

No idea where to go from here. I've deleted AOL across all devices twice so far then reinstalled. AOL is working fine on AOL webmail. Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Apple Mail cannot access AOL Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.