Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Spacebar Issues

Hello

I have a 2017 13" Macbook Pro

Non-Touch Bar

128 GB

i5 2.3 GHz (turbo boost to 4.0 GHz)

8 GB RAM

MacOS 10.13.6

For the last few weeks, my spacebar hasn't been very reliable. I have to click a few times before it will function.

I thought, (from seeing videos), that removing it, cleaning it, and putting it back would fix the issue. I followed instructions, and I removed my spacebar as carefully as I could. There wasn't anything that seemed out of place. I am now too scared to reattach it because I can't clip it back in without the feeling that something will snap. My Mac is still under warranty, does that help me in any way?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 1:49 PM

I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider and have them take a look. Most likely, they can get it attached for you. The service should be free, especially if you explain to them why the space bar was removed in the first place. It never hurts to ask. However, the worst-case would be if there was any damage caused by removing the spacebar and some repair cost would be involved. Regardless, if that's the case, the estimate would be free.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2018 1:49 PM in response to NOC135

I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider and have them take a look. Most likely, they can get it attached for you. The service should be free, especially if you explain to them why the space bar was removed in the first place. It never hurts to ask. However, the worst-case would be if there was any damage caused by removing the spacebar and some repair cost would be involved. Regardless, if that's the case, the estimate would be free.

Macbook Pro Spacebar Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.