Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not importing from iPhone to iMac

I have an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6. When I connect my iPhone 7 (iOS 11.4.1), Photos opens and shows my iPhone as being connected, but it doesn't show any photos or videos I've recorded on my phone since June 2018. So I can't import them onto my iMac. Photos is v3.0 (3291.13.210).

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 17, 2018 4:05 PM

11 replies

Sep 20, 2018 9:59 AM in response to markwmsn

Correct. I haven’t enabled it on my iMac because the amount of GBs needed in iCloud would be significantlY more, right? I have a lot more photos/video on my iMac and backup drive because they have the space. if I enabled iCloud Photo Library on my iMac wouldn‘t the photos stored already on my iMac then begin to upload to iCloud as well?

Sep 24, 2018 9:15 AM in response to Kevin Finley

I'm not privy to Apple's internal thinking, of course, but it doesn't seem like they intend the newest sync mechanism (iCloud Photo Library) and the oldest one (USB transfer) to be used in parallel.

Here's another approach, if not quite as simple:

Visit iCloud.com in a browser on your iMac, sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your phone, switch to the Photos app on the website, and see if you can download the photos and videos from there.

Photos not importing from iPhone to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.