Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color picker less convenient in Motion and FCPX since High Sierra

Sorry for bad english.

The "square part" of the color picker is modified in FCPX and Motion since the update from Sierra to High Sierra.

Sorry, but I find it less convenient...

Saving colors stay possible but sometimes I would like to use the squares part.

In this video you can see the difference between Sierra and High Sierra. Do you see the same on your computer ?

MacOs color picker, pas compris ou moins pratique ? - YouTube

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 18, 2018 2:45 AM

9 replies

Aug 18, 2018 4:57 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank's Tom Wolsky for interest.

The "problem" it's not resizing the box. The "problem" it is the interface with the squares.

Try to organize quickly a colour chart in the square part (below) and resize again... all yours colors will be mixed !

Under Sierra all your organisation stayed fix. Example, line 1: 5 colors for a broadcast, line 2 : 4 colors for an other broadcast,etc... now I use the color palette, less fast.

Try to fit/add an other color in the square interface...any new color will paste the other...grrr

Try to delete a colour in this square part. I used a white color to "delete" an old square in Sierra, now it's impossible.

I know there is a menu color palette to organize charts colours. Maybe I not understand the new logic of the square part, but I find this "square part" more convenient and simple before.

Aug 19, 2018 12:01 AM in response to christiancv21

The difference is that the new way allows you to rearrange all the colors. New colors are added to the end like the magnetic timeline in FCPX. You can also drag and drop the individual swatches to any location (in the sequence of color swatches) you like and all the others will slide out of the way... but keep their sequential order.

Aug 19, 2018 11:08 PM in response to fox_m

OK, I try with your explaination in mind : it's possible to organize colors from top left to down right without spaces or empty square between sequences of colors.

I can put white separators between sequence of colors (less visible for me, organize line by line was simple).

I can add, reorganize the sequence of colors (easier than before it's a good evolution).

I'll try for more long time. Can I remove a color of a sequence ?

thank's

Color picker less convenient in Motion and FCPX since High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.