Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View iCloud photos

How can I view my iCloud photos on my iPhone X?

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1, view my iCloud pics on my iPhone X

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2018 9:01 AM

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service. The photos on iCloud and on your iPhone are the same (except in some cases the copy on the phone may be a space-saving optimized version). You view them in the Photos app on the phone.

You can also use any internet browser on a computer and log in to www.icloud.com and use the Photos app there.

More information: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you don't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but do have iCloud Backup turned on, then the photos would be included in the backup. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup. You can only use it to do a full restore of a device or to set up a new device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2018 9:01 AM in response to tiffanydawn723

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service. The photos on iCloud and on your iPhone are the same (except in some cases the copy on the phone may be a space-saving optimized version). You view them in the Photos app on the phone.

You can also use any internet browser on a computer and log in to www.icloud.com and use the Photos app there.

More information: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you don't have iCloud Photo Library turned on but do have iCloud Backup turned on, then the photos would be included in the backup. You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup. You can only use it to do a full restore of a device or to set up a new device.

View iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.