Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video editing

While recording a video I rotated my iphone 6s from vertical to horizontal.

While playing it back the video does not reflect that rotation, the image rotates at that point forward, but is not right side up.

Is there any way to create two separate videos from this one video so I can rotate the portion I need to display correctly?

Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 20, 2018 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 11:48 AM

Greetings duanefromwickliffe,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious how to edit a video you took with your iPhone, as you'd like to split the video in two portions so you can rotate a specific portion.

The following support article helps to provide information for editing videos with Photos: How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac

If you trim the video, you can have the trimmed clip set as a new video copy. You could consider trimming two separate copies from the original video for the portion you want to rotate, and rotate the video with iMovie. You could also use iMovie to trim the video. The following guide will show how to use iMovie to both trim and rotate the video: iMovie for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch): Arrange video clips and photos

Rotate a clip

You can rotate a video clip in 90-degree increments, clockwise or counterclockwise.

1. With your project open, scroll the timeline until the clip you want to rotate appears in the viewer.

2. In the viewer, move your finger and thumb in a clockwise or counterclockwise twisting motion over the video image.

When the white arrow appears, the video clip has been rotated 90 degrees. It may take a moment for the clip to appear rotated in the viewer.

Repeat this gesture as many times as necessary to achieve the orientation you want.

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2018 11:48 AM in response to duanefromwickliffe

Greetings duanefromwickliffe,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious how to edit a video you took with your iPhone, as you'd like to split the video in two portions so you can rotate a specific portion.

The following support article helps to provide information for editing videos with Photos: How to edit videos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac

If you trim the video, you can have the trimmed clip set as a new video copy. You could consider trimming two separate copies from the original video for the portion you want to rotate, and rotate the video with iMovie. You could also use iMovie to trim the video. The following guide will show how to use iMovie to both trim and rotate the video: iMovie for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch): Arrange video clips and photos

Rotate a clip

You can rotate a video clip in 90-degree increments, clockwise or counterclockwise.

1. With your project open, scroll the timeline until the clip you want to rotate appears in the viewer.

2. In the viewer, move your finger and thumb in a clockwise or counterclockwise twisting motion over the video image.

When the white arrow appears, the video clip has been rotated 90 degrees. It may take a moment for the clip to appear rotated in the viewer.

Repeat this gesture as many times as necessary to achieve the orientation you want.

Cheers!

video editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.