Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photos not syncing with Photos on my laptop..?

I've taken a few images on my iPhone 6S+ and they are no longer syncing with the Photos app on my laptop.

This has happened before and I was told to log out of iCloud from my laptop and re-log in.

I did that and my most recent images are still not showing up in the Photos app?

Am I missing a step or has Photos been having syncing issues?

Posted on Aug 21, 2018 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2018 3:28 PM

Good afternoon Atcandela,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues syncing your photos with iCloud Photo Library between your iPhone 6s Plus and your Mac. Can you provide us with a few more details about your situation?

• What Mac computer model do you have and using what operating system? (Click on the  > About This Mac).
  • What version iOS is running on your iPhone?
  • How many photos do you have on your iPhone?
  • From your Mac, when you open Safari and go to www.icloud.com - How many images are showing? Do they match what is on your iPhone or what is on your Mac?
  • On your Mac, did you turn off iCloud Photo Library in the iCloud settings, or did you log out of iCloud completely (for all services)?

Generally speaking, if the operating systems are up-to-date on your iPhone and your computer, and you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on both devices, then the photos should sync between the three locations. The time that it takes is dependent on the number of photos and how fast your internet connection is.
If you turn iCloud Photo Library off on your Mac, and then turn it back on, you will be uploading your entire Photo collection again, which may take a long time, depending on the size of the library. You can tell the status of the upload on the Mac by going to Photos and choosing the Moments tab. If you scroll to the bottom of the Moments collection, you will see if photos are still being uploaded.
Get help with your iCloud Photo Library
Here is some information about iCloud Photo Library. When you get a chance, reply to this thread with the additional information requested, and I'll do my best to help you!
Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2018 3:28 PM in response to Atcandela

Good afternoon Atcandela,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues syncing your photos with iCloud Photo Library between your iPhone 6s Plus and your Mac. Can you provide us with a few more details about your situation?

• What Mac computer model do you have and using what operating system? (Click on the  > About This Mac).
  • What version iOS is running on your iPhone?
  • How many photos do you have on your iPhone?
  • From your Mac, when you open Safari and go to www.icloud.com - How many images are showing? Do they match what is on your iPhone or what is on your Mac?
  • On your Mac, did you turn off iCloud Photo Library in the iCloud settings, or did you log out of iCloud completely (for all services)?

Generally speaking, if the operating systems are up-to-date on your iPhone and your computer, and you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on both devices, then the photos should sync between the three locations. The time that it takes is dependent on the number of photos and how fast your internet connection is.
If you turn iCloud Photo Library off on your Mac, and then turn it back on, you will be uploading your entire Photo collection again, which may take a long time, depending on the size of the library. You can tell the status of the upload on the Mac by going to Photos and choosing the Moments tab. If you scroll to the bottom of the Moments collection, you will see if photos are still being uploaded.
Get help with your iCloud Photo Library
Here is some information about iCloud Photo Library. When you get a chance, reply to this thread with the additional information requested, and I'll do my best to help you!
Take care.

iPhone photos not syncing with Photos on my laptop..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.