Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2018 - audio interface dropouts

I recently updated my setup with a new MBP 2018 13". Unfortunately the computer seems to have problems with my external audio interface. After 30-40 min of playing audio from any source (DAW etc.) the computers stops sending/receiving signals to/from the interface. The weird thing is, that the computer does not loose the connection to the interface. According to the system overview/audio midi settings the inferface is connected and the default output/input source.

All drivers/software are up to date. I already reset the SMC, the PRAM and re-installed the OS. This didn't fix the problem. With my old MPB I never had these problems.

According to the techsupport of the manufacturer of the interface, the problem lies within the computer/system and apparently I am not the only user who has these problems.

Does anyone have similar problems? How likely is it that a OS/software update will fix the problem? When can I expect it?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 22, 2018 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2018 2:33 PM

I have the same problem with a MOTU USB-Interface.

RME interfaces seem to be affected, too.

There is some indication that the issue is only fixable by apple:

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=27426&p=2

Similar questions

4 replies

Macbook Pro 2018 - audio interface dropouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.