Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do to cancel this iTunes purchase that I didn’t make?

I got an email receipt for diamonds legend or something like that for $49.99 and I didn’t purchase anything. I went to cancel it and it’s asking for my debit card number. What do I do about this?

Posted on Aug 22, 2018 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2018 11:21 PM

Genuine emails/receipts from iTunes won't ask for your debit card number, and obviously the genuine iTunes refund process also wouldn't need to ask for it as they would already know the purchase details and where a refund would go to. If you've fallen for the email and entered your account and password somewhere you should change the password immediately.

Phishing emails :

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2018 11:21 PM in response to JOakey0925

Genuine emails/receipts from iTunes won't ask for your debit card number, and obviously the genuine iTunes refund process also wouldn't need to ask for it as they would already know the purchase details and where a refund would go to. If you've fallen for the email and entered your account and password somewhere you should change the password immediately.

Phishing emails :

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

What do I do to cancel this iTunes purchase that I didn’t make?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.