Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this Email from email.apple.com offering me a job in Apple legit?

A friend of mine received a mail from email.apple.com with no body and subject but only an attachment. Which said "Selected for Web Developer Job in Apple Italy". It looked very suspicious.

Can someone please confirm me that this is a spoof trying to fraud.

attachments:

User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 23, 2018 10:08 AM

2 replies

Aug 23, 2018 12:38 PM in response to programmer_aki

Who gets paid every other year according to Apple payroll policies? If your friend never officially interviewed with Apple-badged employees on multiple occasions, then this email attachment is a dubious scam.

In Apple Mail : View menu : Message : All Header — in the text result, look for the line that begins with Return-Path, or Return-path. You are interested in the address between < >. If @apple.com> or @something.apple.com> does not appear here, it is spam.

Is this Email from email.apple.com offering me a job in Apple legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.