Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t rent movies on iTunes on AppleTV anymore

I can’t rent movies on my Apple TV anymore. This came out of nowhere. I even reset my password. I reset the device and my modem and checked all

connections and I cannot login to itunes to rent a movie. Help! I can login to everything else. Even logged out of my ID in Apple TV settings and logged back in- still no help. This issue came out of nowhere!

Posted on Aug 23, 2018 8:46 PM

7 replies

Aug 24, 2018 5:02 PM in response to vazandrew

I’m not sure what model this is but it’s fairly new. It repeatedly asks me to sign in with my ID- no error code just repeats the login screen. I think this might have to do with the new two step authentication that now shows up on my phone too? But on my Apple TV it’s an endless loop requiring me to login but never advancing past that screen or giving me an actual error message

Aug 24, 2018 5:25 PM in response to amb4514

You only do that with an older model but not with your TV 4 K model.

Try a reset.

When you reset Apple TV, all data is erased, including your accounts and configuration.

Reset Apple TV. In Settings, go to System > Reset, then select Reset. Resetting Apple TV and restoring it to factory settings can take some time, so be patient.

I can’t rent movies on iTunes on AppleTV anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.