Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to revert to OS 10.12 or earlier in order to restore compatibility with some old quirky software that I must use to submit data. I currently have 10.13. Apologies if this is easy to fix!

I need to revert to OS 10.12 or earlier in order to restore compatibility with some old quirky software that I must use to submit data. I currently have MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Apologies if this is easy to fix, but I could not find anything in the FAQs or search output.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 24, 2018 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2018 11:15 AM

You will need to either use the bootable clone you made prior to updating or use your Time Machine backup to restore. Either method will require that the drive be erased completely.

1 reply

I need to revert to OS 10.12 or earlier in order to restore compatibility with some old quirky software that I must use to submit data. I currently have 10.13. Apologies if this is easy to fix!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.