Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got an email from apple support, think it's fake, what do I do?

i got an email from apple support claiming that my account had been accessed from another device and that my appleID would be locked until I followed the link in the email. The email look fake, spelling mistakes and weird grammar, plus the layout is odd (s o m e p a r t s a r e w r i t t e n o u t l i k e t h i s). My instinct is saying not to trust it, but I want to double check.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 11:40 AM

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2018 11:40 AM in response to Azrakel09

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

Got an email from apple support, think it's fake, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.