Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Birthday: Chinese, Hebrew, Islamic

Contacts>Second Birthday; What is this for? I see no purpose for this unless you could understand those languages and set it as your birth date and Chinese symbols would come up on your birthday. Never mind that’s pointless too. Does anyone know how this can benefit a person Chinese, Hebrew or anybody? I could use a second birthday, third birthday, fourth birthday if it was in English.

[Edited by Host]

Posted on Aug 25, 2018 1:38 PM

13 replies

Aug 25, 2018 2:13 PM in response to Cruairmed

There is more than one type of calendar. There is the Gregorian, Chinese, Hebrew and many others. The second birthday is so you can add your birthday with the corresponding calendar. If your birthday was Jan 1 you can add that but the corresponding Hebrew date is different and you can add that. It is all the same day but its just different ways for it to show up.

Aug 25, 2018 2:26 PM in response to askbarnabas

There is more than one type of calendar. There is the Gregorian, Chinese, Hebrew and many others. The second birthday is so you can add your birthday with the corresponding calendar. If your birthday was Jan 1 you can add that but the corresponding Hebrew date is different and you can add that. It is all the same day but its just different ways for it to show up.”

I kinda of get this, but how would this benefit a person. I mean if you are Chinese and have your Language set up as Chinese then yes I can understand you using an extra Chinese calendar because you speak Chinese. For us English speaking people I don’t see a use for it.

Second Birthday: Chinese, Hebrew, Islamic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.