Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake emails about unknown charges

I’ve received a couple of emails from Apple about some charges but I think they are fake or scam because the format of the emails is way different from the ones I know are ”official” from Apple. Does someone know about it or has received too?User uploaded file

Posted on Aug 26, 2018 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2018 1:29 PM

That email is NOT from Apple. It is a phishing attemp. Do not respond to, or otherwise act on the email.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 26, 2018 1:36 PM in response to fabiola50

pple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address. The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Fake emails about unknown charges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.