Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Booth keeps crashing

Hi,

Whenever I try to run Photo Booth, it keeps crashing. Following is what I can find in the Apple Report.

Command: Photo Booth
Path: /Applications/Photo Booth.app/Contents/MacOS/Photo Booth
Parent: WindowServer [57]

Version: 1.2 (1.2)
Build Version: 18
Project Name: BoothApp
Source Version: 220100

PID: 3429
Thread: 0

Exception: EXC BADACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN PROTECTIONFAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000

The iSight camera in my MacBook Pro works fine when I use it with ComicLife or any other application. I have tried repairing permissions but that didn't help. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Smit

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Feb 11, 2007 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2007 1:29 PM

Try reinstalling it off Mac OS X disc. I think its in the "Optional/additional Components" section, as it is not required in the Operating System. (If you install it and it still doesn't work, or the install doesn't do anything, try dragging the "Photo Booth.app" in the Applications folder to the Trash before running the install again.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2007 1:29 PM in response to bsmit007

Try reinstalling it off Mac OS X disc. I think its in the "Optional/additional Components" section, as it is not required in the Operating System. (If you install it and it still doesn't work, or the install doesn't do anything, try dragging the "Photo Booth.app" in the Applications folder to the Trash before running the install again.

Photo Booth keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.