Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Remote Desktop

Hello,

i am trying to connect to PC -Microsoft Windows 10, which is a part of domain server at my office from my

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.16

I have downloaded the newest Microsoft Remote Desktop application for Mac.

If I connect my PC and Mac to the same Network at my office the connection runs perfectly meaning that the connection to the PC from my Mac is directly connecting with out any problem.

But if i work from a different Network as the PC then Remote Desktop is not connection, showing error

An error occurred while communicating with the Remote Desktop Gateway. If this keeps happening, contact your network administrator for assistance.

Error code: 0x3000062

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Claudia

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2018 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2018 7:59 PM

In all likelihood, there’s no network connection and no path available between the sites, or there’s a firewall or three that’s blocking that access. There’ll need to be either public static IP addresses for the target systems at the office and a path opened through the firewall, or private IP addresses and port-forwarding configured through the firewall, or a VPN configured and established between the remote client and the target network. Or IPv6 and a path through the firewall. There’ll probably want to be a public DNS name established for the target host, too.

Check with the local networking folks for assistance.

That’s a guess.

Alternatively... Please check the Microsoft support forums for assistance with that app, or contact Microsoft support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2018 7:59 PM in response to claudiawats

In all likelihood, there’s no network connection and no path available between the sites, or there’s a firewall or three that’s blocking that access. There’ll need to be either public static IP addresses for the target systems at the office and a path opened through the firewall, or private IP addresses and port-forwarding configured through the firewall, or a VPN configured and established between the remote client and the target network. Or IPv6 and a path through the firewall. There’ll probably want to be a public DNS name established for the target host, too.

Check with the local networking folks for assistance.

That’s a guess.

Alternatively... Please check the Microsoft support forums for assistance with that app, or contact Microsoft support.

Sep 12, 2018 1:00 PM in response to swhitling

swhitling wrote:

Did you have any luck fixing this? I am having the same problem. When I upgraded to the new version of Remote Desktop, this error started appearing and I haven't been able to remote in.

Check the release notes and related docs for changes and any new port-forwarding requirements that might exist in the updated version, and run the network scans to check for network access to the Microsoft-cited open ports through the various network links. (Network Utility.app is still latent in macOS—use Spotlight to find it, as it's moved around over the years—and that tool can be useful here, if you're not comfortable with the command-line tools.) Then? Ask Microsoft? There's not a lot of MRD traffic here in the ARD forum.

Microsoft Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.