Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X I making random chirping noises

dor the past few months I have been hearing this random quick double chirping, I could never locate it and it always happened at work so I never knew what it was coming from until tonight when I was on my phone and heard it finally coming from my phones ear piece speaker while I was in an app. All the other times the chirp came while the phone was in my pocket and when I suspected it was my phone, there was never anything displayed in the screen. Even just now when it happened nothing showed on the screen even though I was looking directly at the phone. (iPhone X) so I was hoping someone might have some clue what the noise might be. I have already tried googling but none of the other reports sound close to my issue.

it is two quick chirps, it happens maybe two three times a month so always at different times so it is hard to pinpoint if any app might be causing an issue.

Unlike all the other things I find in google, it is NOT a loud fire alarm noise, it is NOT the charging ping sound, it is NOT the Siri double beep. It’s just two quick, high pitched chirps I have never heard in any IOS device before. It’s loud enough for other people to hear it in my pocket as well as me, but doesn’t happen often enough to pinpoint whether or not it is from an app. Does anyone have any ideas? iOS is 11.3 and it’s not any interaction between any of my Bluetooth or smart devices because it usually happens at work, today was the first time it happened at home . Thanks for anyone that can help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Aug 28, 2018 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 1:48 AM

I don’t think “troubleshoot” means what you think it means! ;-) intentionally causing more serious problems to my phone (as mentioned above) for a complete guess is not troubleshooting at all. Theorizing what issues could be causing the chirp and then eliminating those causes is troubleshooting. Everything i’ve Typed out is everything I know about the situation, I can’t present you with more information if I don’t know it or how to obtain more.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2018 1:48 AM in response to panchososa694

I don’t think “troubleshoot” means what you think it means! ;-) intentionally causing more serious problems to my phone (as mentioned above) for a complete guess is not troubleshooting at all. Theorizing what issues could be causing the chirp and then eliminating those causes is troubleshooting. Everything i’ve Typed out is everything I know about the situation, I can’t present you with more information if I don’t know it or how to obtain more.

Aug 28, 2018 8:12 PM in response to panchososa694

Is that ACTUALLY the problem or are you just guessing? Because if getting rid of random chirping in exchange for huge battery drain issues, apps not being able to update and Face recognition no longer being able to recognize my face is the trade off, i’ll Have to think long and hard about that trade off: https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.gottabemobile.com/ios-11-problems-5-things-you-n eed-to-know/amp/

iPhone X I making random chirping noises

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.