385 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2007 6:17 PM by scapesuiter
1. Get more RAM.
2. If you don't keep the computer on 24/7 then manually run the routine cron maintenance tasks.
3. Clear out caches (manually or use cache cleaning utilities).
4. Clear out logs files (manually or use system maintenance utilities).
5. Clear Java Plugin Settings caches.
6. If Safari slows also clear Users/Home/Library/Safari/Icons/.
7. Defragging a Mac usually isn't necessary unless you are using extremely large files and are running out of disk space.
The Top 7 Free Utilities To Maintain A Mac.
Tuning Mac OS X Performance