Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see/acess to older feed/posts on my Facebook on Safari

Hello! I can't see more than the first two recent post on my news feed or my Facebook profile page using safari. Nothing appears, no errors or the like, it simply wouldn't load and I hope somebody could help me to fix this.

This happened all of a sudden.
I also have iPhone and on Facebook app there is no issue to navigate and see older content on my Facebook.

PLEASE HELP ! Has anybody had the same, how did you fixed it?

Note: I do not have Dashlane extension installed, in case you wonder.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 7:01 AM

Hi,

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Manage Website Data. Find and remove all Facebook cookies then quit and relaunch Safari.

Then to go Facebook, sign in then see if you can see older posts.

If that didn’t help, you may have a third party Safari extension or plug-in installed that's causing a conflict.

Troubleshooting help here > If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2018 7:01 AM in response to jojois

Hi,

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Manage Website Data. Find and remove all Facebook cookies then quit and relaunch Safari.

Then to go Facebook, sign in then see if you can see older posts.

If that didn’t help, you may have a third party Safari extension or plug-in installed that's causing a conflict.

Troubleshooting help here > If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2018 7:05 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks a lot Carolyn 🙂
Indeed is helpful to know/keep in mind that could be a way to fix it in case it happens again without knowing much more (which is my case!), although this time was an extension (AdBlock 2.67.0) that after using it for a couple of years just started to block the content of Facebook all of a sudden, so then the question is why only now does that happened.

Again, thank you very much!

Aug 30, 2018 7:18 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric! Thanks a lot. This indeed was the problem, probably so basic for you guys in this community. The extension that causing troubles was AdBlock 2.67.0, and indeed as you suggested after I disabled it, my Facebook worked again as normal. I just wonder why now, considering I used that extension for 2 years already.

Also I do have extension Adblock Plus installed, but that one is still active and yet all the rest seems normal. Question: you said to delete them, you recommend for me to get rid of them for good? Aren't they of any real use? I am just concern of pop up stuff that can be open or programs that download themselves (I just had it, fake flash thing that it was difficult to remove once I realized it got into my computer) which only happened to me once I had this extensions disabled. So again, would you recommend to delete them then? (by delete them I understand to uninstall them - on Safari> Preferences> Extensions there is a button to uninstall ...).

Thank you very much!

PS. I am not fully sure but due to that flash thing that got into my computer I might have/had a virus or malware. How can I know for real if its out of my computer, or how can I get rid of it. In case you know/can help on that one too.

Aug 31, 2018 2:54 PM in response to jojois

You are welcome. You might check the Safari menu/Safari Extensions to see if there is an updated version. I'm not saying to delete them for good. That particular version was causing problems. When there is an updated version, try reinstalling it.

To check for malware/adware, download this program which was written by Thomas Reed, a long time poster. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. There is no reason to leave it installed once troubleshooting is finished. The free version doesn't update itself. If you need it again, you can download it again.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac 10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Aug 31, 2018 2:54 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you so much again! It did the job indeed, well that is what I think and also considering the report and the files in quarantine (that I already deleted) showed. In any case I can see that my computer is faster now. I still have to confirm for pop up stuff when navigating in the next days and something that was also troubling: while working on adobe programs, some features were "blinking" or partly white, they were working a bit slow and sometimes it would appear (ad disappear) and image quite fast...like the the needles of the safari logo (quite weird to be honest). So one thing I can confirm: Malwarebytes showed I did had some malware and (as showed after the scan), got rid of them.
Thanks a lot for the help and advice!!!

Can't see/acess to older feed/posts on my Facebook on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.