Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The directions to remove a contact from a message is not working. I have the iPhone X is that the reason?

im trying to remove a contact from a group message and the directions posted are not working. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. It says to press their name and swipe right to left. Every time I press their name it just takes me to their contact information

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2018 5:14 PM

You can only remove a contact from a group message that contains all iOS devices. If there are any devices in the group that are non-iOS devices, you cannot remove any contacts.

If the group message is all iOS devices, see this for removing contacts, Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You just need to put your finger on the contact and swipe. If to press the name and release, it will just do as you describe.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2018 5:14 PM in response to Shoman55

You can only remove a contact from a group message that contains all iOS devices. If there are any devices in the group that are non-iOS devices, you cannot remove any contacts.

If the group message is all iOS devices, see this for removing contacts, Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You just need to put your finger on the contact and swipe. If to press the name and release, it will just do as you describe.

The directions to remove a contact from a message is not working. I have the iPhone X is that the reason?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.