Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One or more audio files changed in length!

Logic Pro X 10.4.1

Mac OS X 10.12.6

I cannot save or copy any Logic Pro X projects. Every once in a while, about 25% of the audio regions in the project will point at the wrong samples, or at different times in the samples. I will get the error "One or more audio files changed in length!".

If I move a Project.logicx file to another directory, or to another disk, I risk destroying the project. If I create an entirely new project, record new takes, and save it, there is a chance that about 25% of the audio takes will be completely ruined.

I spent money on native Apple tools, because they are known for good support and reliability. Where is Logic support? Is there a human being I can talk to? I can "Create Support File..." in Logic Pro, but I don't know where I would send it. I'm looking at $2,000 worth of audio engineering gear, and a silent abyss.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.3), Logic Pro X 10.3.2.

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 3:26 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 2, 2018 8:03 AM in response to 7bNQmjSz1pB4TkiU

You have a destructive problem... they do make exceptions, and can put you in touch with technical.

Also file a support document here requesting immediate help, make sure your contact info is correct.

Feedback - Logic Pro – Apple

Thanks for not answering any of my questions...sounds to me like you would rather whine about your problem rather than make any attempt to fix it... Since I take time out of my day to answer question here... I'll leave this topic to others who wish to waste their time.

Aug 30, 2018 9:46 AM in response to 7bNQmjSz1pB4TkiU

Just FYI, this is not an official support channel. Just fellow Logic users who are in the same boat, so to speak. Personally, I'm not a big fan of phone support provided by Apple, either.

Anyway, back to your question. Could you please provide more details? Under what circumstances this happens exactly. Was the project created in Logic 10.4.1 or some earlier version? How was it managed? Did you have assets (i.e. audio files linked to audio regions) saved together with the project or some place else?

From what you describe though, my best guess would be that audio sample rate has been changed for the project somehow. Have you been tweaking sample rate by any chance?

Sep 1, 2018 3:00 AM in response to Radarhus

JotaGi wrote:

Just FYI, this is not an official support channel. [...]

Does an official support channel exist? I paid good money to have native Apple equipment for its reliability and customer support. I have not been able to find an official support channel for Logic Pro X.

I'm trying to picture an audio engineer recording a live band for $100/hr, having Logic destroy half the takes from the day, and then having to post about it in a community help forum. It is kafkaesque absurdity.

Anyway, back to your question. Could you please provide more details? Under what circumstances this happens exactly. Was the project created in Logic 10.4.1 or some earlier version? How was it managed? Did you have assets (i.e. audio files linked to audio regions) saved together with the project or some place else?

Open Logic 10.4.1, create a brand new file, record some audio takes from my Behringer audio interface, save it to local disk. There should be no audio samples linked from outside the project. Open the project a day later, and see that ~25% of the takes are destroyed.

From what you describe though, my best guess would be that audio sample rate has been changed for the project somehow. Have you been tweaking sample rate by any chance?

No. I have no reason to suspect that the sample rate is changing. The screwed up audio regions will play coherent recorded audio... just not the audio they should be playing.

Sep 1, 2018 9:43 AM in response to 7bNQmjSz1pB4TkiU

Bear with me... you are correct this should not be happening.

You're recording to a local disk, do you mean the system drive? If so, you check it for errors.

If it is an external drive (Thunderbolt/USB..etc) are you 100% positive it's been formatted with Mac OS Extended?

Has the name of the audio files changed, do you see a # in the name.

Did the audio files not loading correctly have long names.

One or more audio files changed in length!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.