Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to display folder.jpg in iTunes ?

I have a file called folder.jpg in each album directory which contains album art. How do I get iTunes to display this..
1. in iTunes
2. on my Nano ?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 11, 2007 6:14 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2007 5:02 AM in response to John Shailer

As mentioned by thelastvoice, iTunes does not itself use the folder.jpg file. This file is typically used and provided by WMP in Windows.

As I live in the UK I am able to use the iTunes store to get artwork but I can see you do not have that option. For you I can suggest these alternative methods.

1. Even the iTunes store does not have artwork for every album, I therefore sometimes resort to finding artwork either in the Walmart or Amazon stores and then dragging the artwork in to iTunes. This artwork is usually 500x500 pixels (iTunes store artwork is usually 600x600, and WMP folder.jpg artwork is a pathetic 200x200).

2. If you already have artwork in the form of a folder.jpg you drag and drop that in to iTunes

3. This utility iCoverArt will go through your iTunes folders and automatically take folder.jpg files and embed them in to the iTunes tracks. This is effectively the same process as number 2 above, but done automatically for you. See http://www.maximized.com/shareware/icoverart/

How to display folder.jpg in iTunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.