Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please tell me how to turn off two-factor authentication of Apple ID

Dear sir or madam,

I would like to request any of you to show or tell me how to turn off two-factor authentication of Apple ID. I can't find it on my iPhone device to do this at all.
Thank you and best regards,

iPhone 6

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 6:04 PM

See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2018 6:04 PM in response to Buth Bunnarith

See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Aug 30, 2018 8:13 PM in response to Buth Bunnarith

If you are using Mac and, some conditions are met like Apple ID address is same as your web mail account ( like gmail ) and in the location system preferences > iCloud the same Apple ID is signed in , the boxes for keychain , safari ... are checked and you have already set up iCloud Keychain .

When you change this Apple ID account to two factor authentication , a mail will be received in your web mail account ( that is on rescue mail address ) , open the web account with its mail address and password , you can see a link , in the inbox mail you will see reverse two step authentication link just click on it , its easy method than entering in Apple ID . apple.com and then disabling it from there , the time limit is 2 weeks , after that the link will expire .

Once you have clicked on the link in system preferences > Below keychain you will see this error .

User uploaded file

This will delete the iCloud verification code from iCloud server , so how to remove this error and set up a new iCloud verification code see these steps -

If you enable two step authentication in Mac , there will be an error waiting for approval from another device below keychain , in system preferences > iCloud is opened and you won't be able to set up iCloud Keychain .

To sort out this problem , enter with the same Apple ID and password in Mac and iOS device .

In iOS device go to settings > iCloud > Keychain set up a passcode and write down the code in a safe place .see this articleUse a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Only follow the paragraph in the article how to generate passcode .

Then follow this article Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

See the paragraph of how to set up iCloud keychain in this article .

The 4 th point -

Follow the onscreen instructions.

These steps are not mentioned in the article , you have to follow the steps by itself and has to take help of apple support senior advisor only .

A lengthy procedure is there and click on request for approval , you have to generate a new iCloud security code by typing in iOS screen example 6785 , and write down in safe place so that it will always help in future if any iCloud Keychain problems come .

The box of keychain in iCloud will get checked but still an error will be shown unable to connect to iCloud , open options button in front of keychain check the box of allow approving with security code but you will notice the trusted mobile number of yours is not being added , it can be added once again take help of apple support senior advisors Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Please tell me how to turn off two-factor authentication of Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.