Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and iCloud payment

How do I use my Apple ID money (not a credit card or Paypal account), to pay for my iCloud storage? I have a good balance of funds in my Apple ID account from gift certificates and I would like to use it to automatically pay for the monthly storage fees.

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2018 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 8:28 AM

Hello Ellewood,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to know if you can use your Apple ID account balance to pay for your iCloud storage. If it is an iTunes Store credit, then it is an acceptable payment method for iCloud storage. The following article has information about the acceptable payment methods for iCloud Storage you may find helpful:

iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and iTunes Store credit. If you don't have enough iTunes store credit to complete your upgrade, you'll be charged the remaining amount. Apple Store gift cards aren't accepted as payment for upgrading iCloud storage. Learn how to manage the amount of storage you're using.

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Ellewood

Hello Ellewood,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to know if you can use your Apple ID account balance to pay for your iCloud storage. If it is an iTunes Store credit, then it is an acceptable payment method for iCloud storage. The following article has information about the acceptable payment methods for iCloud Storage you may find helpful:

iCloud storage plans and pricing - Apple Support

Accepted payment methods for iCloud storage upgrades include credit cards, debit cards, and iTunes Store credit. If you don't have enough iTunes store credit to complete your upgrade, you'll be charged the remaining amount. Apple Store gift cards aren't accepted as payment for upgrading iCloud storage. Learn how to manage the amount of storage you're using.

Best Regards.

Apple ID and iCloud payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.