Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change from 6 digits to 8 digits

I reset my iPhone and now I want to change the passcode digits to eight.

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 10:08 AM

Use the choose a custom numeric or custom alphanumeric options. See the instructions in Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support including the following:

Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode. If you have an iPhone X, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.

You'll find several settings and options:

• Turn Passcode Off: Tap this option to turn off your passcode.
  • Change Passcode: Enter a new six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2018 10:08 AM in response to Gregory Locke

Use the choose a custom numeric or custom alphanumeric options. See the instructions in Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support including the following:

Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode. If you have an iPhone X, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.

You'll find several settings and options:

• Turn Passcode Off: Tap this option to turn off your passcode.
  • Change Passcode: Enter a new six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.

how do I change from 6 digits to 8 digits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.