Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old Appleworks documents

My new iMac High Sierra OS 10.13.6 does not show any of my Appleworks documents created on my old iMac which I assumed would be transferred with all files on old computer

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), 10.13.6

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2018 11:49 AM

I you still have access to your old Mac, you should be able to transfer the files via Air Drop, saving to a USB stick, then copying the files from the stick to the new iMac, or as attachments to email. Other methods may also be possible.

The next question is 'what will you do with them?'

Appleworks will not run on your new iMac. The '09 versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote opened AW word processing, spreadsheet and presentation documents respectively, but only those produced using AppleWorks 6(.2.9).

Current versions of LibreOffice can open many, but not all, AppleWorks documents, but, as the the iWork applications mentioned, translation is not always 'perfect.'

If you need those AppleWorks docs, your best course might be to hold on to your old Mac, and get busy on converting the files to a more universally supported format.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2018 11:49 AM in response to booper74

I you still have access to your old Mac, you should be able to transfer the files via Air Drop, saving to a USB stick, then copying the files from the stick to the new iMac, or as attachments to email. Other methods may also be possible.

The next question is 'what will you do with them?'

Appleworks will not run on your new iMac. The '09 versions of Pages, Numbers and Keynote opened AW word processing, spreadsheet and presentation documents respectively, but only those produced using AppleWorks 6(.2.9).

Current versions of LibreOffice can open many, but not all, AppleWorks documents, but, as the the iWork applications mentioned, translation is not always 'perfect.'

If you need those AppleWorks docs, your best course might be to hold on to your old Mac, and get busy on converting the files to a more universally supported format.

Regards,

Barry

Old Appleworks documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.