Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing Multiple Slides on One Page

Hi I know how to go to the printer dialog and select keynote and I am able to selec how many slides I want per page... BUT they print out really small and one on top of another wasting a lot of paper! I want to have 4 slides per page.... 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom and bigger.... is this possible? Thank you

Windows XP

Posted on Feb 12, 2007 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2007 7:53 AM

You can indeed do this thorough a fairly little-used but handy feature of the standard print dialogue, the Layout panel. Choose Print from the File menu as you would usually, but where the dropdown menu says "Copies and Pages", click and select the next item in that menu, Layout. What this panel does is allow you to put multiple pages of a document onto a single page. In your case, in the Pages per Sheet dropdown menu you'd select "4", then select the layout direction you want. How the sheets will appear is shown on the left. You can click the Preview button to see what the page will look like before you print.

Note that the orientation of the original pages is controlled by the File menu's Page Layout menu item. To get the maximal size per page for slides, you should select Landscape orientation before you set the Print settings.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2007 7:53 AM in response to mcdan

You can indeed do this thorough a fairly little-used but handy feature of the standard print dialogue, the Layout panel. Choose Print from the File menu as you would usually, but where the dropdown menu says "Copies and Pages", click and select the next item in that menu, Layout. What this panel does is allow you to put multiple pages of a document onto a single page. In your case, in the Pages per Sheet dropdown menu you'd select "4", then select the layout direction you want. How the sheets will appear is shown on the left. You can click the Preview button to see what the page will look like before you print.

Note that the orientation of the original pages is controlled by the File menu's Page Layout menu item. To get the maximal size per page for slides, you should select Landscape orientation before you set the Print settings.

May 5, 2007 2:39 PM in response to mcdan

Hello all!

Brian here. Here's the answer I think everyone's looking for regarding printing slides:

01. Under "Copies & Pages", change this to "Layout".

02. Set the amount of pages per sheet to 6 or 9 (for a grid)

THEN..

03. Select "Keynote" from that same menu, and select: "Individual Slides".

04. Print! (or Preview if you don't believe me...)

Wa-la! PowerPoint-esque Slide Grid printouts, from Keynote. =)

E-mail me if you want at:

brian@briankjames.com

Ciao!

Mac Mini Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Printing Multiple Slides on One Page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.