Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 4g isn’t working

Won’t load safari YouTube etc

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 5:36 PM

Hi, Robyn,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I noticed you haven't gotten a response on your post regarding access to Safari and YouTube on your iPad WiFi + Cellular model. Answering the following questions may help others in the community get you to a solution:
  1. Are you unable to access internet-relatd apps on both Wi-Fi and cellular data, or just on one or the other? If only one, which one does not work (if it's Wi-Fi that doesn't work, does it happen on multiple Wi-Fi networks)?
  2. What happens when you try to use these apps? For example, do you get any error messages when you try to use the services (and if so, what is the exact message you receive)?
  3. What is the current iOS version installed on your iPad? You can find this under Settings > General > About > Version.
Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2018 5:36 PM in response to robynfromlarne

Hi, Robyn,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I noticed you haven't gotten a response on your post regarding access to Safari and YouTube on your iPad WiFi + Cellular model. Answering the following questions may help others in the community get you to a solution:
  1. Are you unable to access internet-relatd apps on both Wi-Fi and cellular data, or just on one or the other? If only one, which one does not work (if it's Wi-Fi that doesn't work, does it happen on multiple Wi-Fi networks)?
  2. What happens when you try to use these apps? For example, do you get any error messages when you try to use the services (and if so, what is the exact message you receive)?
  3. What is the current iOS version installed on your iPad? You can find this under Settings > General > About > Version.
Cheers!

Sep 7, 2018 8:19 PM in response to robynfromlarne

Hey Robyn!

Thanks for getting back to us. From your follow up, it sounds like your issue is occurring while on your cellular carrier's 4G network, and you're receiving the error "The server is not responding".

I would encourage you to try the steps outlined in If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support . Even if you do see service on your iPad, the steps in the article can help you troubleshoot issues with the service, like what you're experience.

If the issue continues, please reach out to Apple Support directly for additional assistance: Contact Apple Support .

Enjoy your weekend.

My iPad 4g isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.