Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I approve my iPhone from icloud.com

I have an iPhone 7plus. In Settings it's asking me to update my Apple ID Settings. I give my Apple ID password, then iphone passcode, then it ask me to approve my iPhone from another device signed into iCloud. i sign into iCloud.com and don't see anything about approving my iPhone. How do I do this?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 10:56 PM

Yes, I go to iCloud.com on my PC and sign in but then don’t know how to approve my device. What do I do after I’m on iCloud.com to approve my device.

4 replies

Sep 6, 2018 12:31 PM in response to alisonfromanniston

Joseph S.

Thank you for the reply but I don't think you understood my question. My question nor my phone says anything about two-factor authentication. I have struggled through the two-factor authentication before (I believe) but that is NOT the prompt I'm getting now.

It says "Update Apple ID Settings". Then the phone prompts me to answer the following questions (as stated in my original question) it asks for my Apple ID password, then it asks for my iphone passcode, then it asks me to approve my iPhone from another device signed into iCloud. (underlined is the question) I sign into iCloud.com and don't see anything about approving my iPhone. How do I do this?

Maybe the "How do I do this?" was too broad. How do I approve my iPhone from another device signed into iCloud? (Which is verbatim what my phone is asking me to do--not any other wording)

There is an option at the bottom that says "Can't approve this iPhone?" Then a box pops up with the options to 1. reset Encrypted Data or 2. Cancel. I don't know what option 1. means so I haven't done that...sounds like I'll mess up my phone if I click it.

Now, Since I've added iCloud storage I get a message that pops up all day long that is annoying and asking me to finish setting this up!

Please help me! I want this pop-up to go away. Thank you

Sep 6, 2018 9:26 AM in response to alisonfromanniston

Good morning Alison!

It sounds like you're having some issues with two-factor authentication, since your iPhone is asking for you to approve your sign in on another device. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Here's some steps I've highlighted that will help you out. This information can be found in the article linked below.

What if I don’t have access to a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone. It’s one less thing to do, and your account is still protected with two-factor authentication.

If you're still having trouble managing your account to add a trusted device for signing in on your iPhone 7 Plus, then you'll want to request account recovery. Here's some more information about how to request account recovery:

If I can't sign in, how do I regain access to my account?

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery is an automatic process designed to get you back in to your account as quickly as possible while denying access to anyone who might be pretending to be you. It might take a few days—or longer—depending on what specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

This information can be found from this article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Take care!

How do I approve my iPhone from icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.