Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake Apple ID recover request

Hi,

i got the following text message from apple:

“Your Apple ID is now ready to be recovered.

Go to apple.com/recover and enter your Apple ID to get started.

Need help? Go to apple.com/support

however I didn’t request it to be recovered so it might be an attempt to hack the account. How can I cancel And avoid it?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2018 3:42 PM

More than likely spam and / or scam.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2018 3:42 PM in response to Leonardojsoliveira

More than likely spam and / or scam.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you received or acted on a likely phishing message:

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.

If you think you might have entered personal information like a password or credit card info on a scam website, immediately change your Apple ID password.

Fake Apple ID recover request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.