Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not downloading properly

All my iPhoto pics are organized into albums and all my settings on the cloud are on in order to automatically download and upload across iOS devices. However, only some of my albums on my phone are populated with pictures. Some albums are populated. Those that aren't show 0 photos, yet there are many pics in these same albums on my Mac. How do I fix this?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2018 7:26 AM

After looking at various conversations what eventually worked was to go to the library repair tool. Using "option"/"command" while opening iPhoto brought up the repair tool which was quick. I closed out of iPhoto, closed my i Cloud drive, deselected photos on the iCloud and restarted my iMac. Then rebooted, reopened iCloud, reselected photos and the upload (which lasted several hours) worked. Thanks again for your help.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2018 7:26 AM in response to Permit5

After looking at various conversations what eventually worked was to go to the library repair tool. Using "option"/"command" while opening iPhoto brought up the repair tool which was quick. I closed out of iPhoto, closed my i Cloud drive, deselected photos on the iCloud and restarted my iMac. Then rebooted, reopened iCloud, reselected photos and the upload (which lasted several hours) worked. Thanks again for your help.

Sep 7, 2018 2:08 AM in response to Permit5

Do you have signed up for enough cloud storage to hold all your photos? Are the iPhone and the Mac connected to Wi-Fi?

Is your Photos Library in the Pictures folder on your Mac or on an external drive?

What does the status line for iCloud Photo Library show on your Mac? Create the two smart albums described here:

Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

iPhoto not downloading properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.