Related Article: If you can't add a card to Apple Wallet to use with Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Cash does not accept debit card

Why does Apple Pay cash not except my debit card even though I have fulfilled all the requirements above and all the information I have given regarding my debit card is exact and correct?

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 10:15 PM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2018 10:15 AM in response to Akanza Blé

Make sure that you can add a card

Learn which countries and regions support Apple Pay.

Check Apple Pay on the System Status page. If there's an issue, try again after it's resolved. If there isn't an issue, make sure that you're using:

Get help adding cards to Apple Pay - Apple Support

Sep 7, 2018 1:57 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks, Carol, but as I stated above, none of these is the issue. I had already taken care of those requirements. What IS the issue is the fact that the card was issued by my bank between November 2015-Feburary 2016. During this time, bank cards (debit cards) did not have the Apple Pay token connected to them. All debit cards issued by my bank and likely hundreds of others during this time were incompatible with Apple Pay, Android Pay, Google Pay, etc. I went to the bank today, received a new debit card, and everything worked fine. As I had hypothesized and in fact was being informed by Apple's error messages, the problem was the card, not whether I had complied with Apple's prerequisites.

Apple Pay Cash does not accept debit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.