Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

software update required - but have latest version

According to iTunes, I have the latest version for my Windows 10 x64bit system. But when I try to "view account" within iTunes (for Windows) it asks me to log in, and then I get a dialog box that says, "Software Update Required; To makes changes to your payment information, you need to upgrade your computer to the latest version of Windows". Not sure what to do. I have all the updates for Windows 10, too. Suggestions?

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 6:29 AM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2018 7:15 AM in response to Djhurlburt91

Software Update Required

If you see the message "Software Update Required" in an error message telling you that you need to update Windows when you are using Windows 7 or later then you are likely running a build older than 12.7.2.58 and the message should be telling you to update iTunes. Apart from 12.6.4.3 all other builds with a lower version number than 12.7.2.58 have outdated encryption support and are no longer able to connect to the iTunes Store for account management purposes. See About App Store and iTunes Store availability - Apple Support for more information. Install a more recent version of iTunes from this list of iTunes installers.

tt2

software update required - but have latest version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.