Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damaged iPhone 7 worth fixing?

Hey everyone, recently my iPhone 7 had gotten water damaged, although I think I may be able to save it. The display doesn't display but it still recognizes touch and the phone still turns on, the U10 chip is shot (recognizes touch ID and the reachability function but does not click), taptic engine is broken, I don't think the battery holds much charge anymore, and I've got the issue with the Qualcomm chip coming loose with "No Service ⚠" at the top. Would it be worth it to fix? My concerns are:

1. its not the display thats broken but the connector

2. ill have to learn how to microsolder to get my service back (and home button click but I couldn't really care less about it because I still have touch ID)

3. Ill spend money on parts but the problem ends up worse than I though it would be after fixing

also a few things to note: I have fixed multiple phones so I'm not really scared to open my phone (I already have opened it to see if there is anything else wrong). if I put my phone to charge it will turn on and you'll hear the charge indicator noise thingy. sometimes when I turn on my phone I open up to an app with a keyboard and I can type.

Thanks everyone!

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1, iOS 12 beta

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2018 7:22 PM

Water damage is not worth fixing for something so small. There could be water in all kinds of little crevices that will cause more corrosion over time.

With something like a laptop or desktop, you can sometimes get the water out and the machine dried and usable for a time, though it does depend on the amount of liquid spilled on it.

I wouldn't waste time or money trying to fix it.

~Lyssa

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2018 7:22 PM in response to ubim

Water damage is not worth fixing for something so small. There could be water in all kinds of little crevices that will cause more corrosion over time.

With something like a laptop or desktop, you can sometimes get the water out and the machine dried and usable for a time, though it does depend on the amount of liquid spilled on it.

I wouldn't waste time or money trying to fix it.

~Lyssa

Water damaged iPhone 7 worth fixing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.