Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro

If I buy the MacBook Pro in Germany, Munich, can I get the standard English US keyboard and not the German one?

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 7:01 AM

yana_b1 wrote:

If I buy the MacBook Pro in Germany, Munich, can I get the standard English US keyboard and not the German one?

Sure. Just go to the german online apple store and pretend you are buying one and you will see what keyboards are available

User uploaded file

Whether you could get one at a specific retail store you can only find out by contacting them directly yourself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2018 7:01 AM in response to yana_b1

yana_b1 wrote:

Sure. Just go to the german online apple store and pretend you are buying one and you will see what keyboards are available

User uploaded file

Whether you could get one at a specific retail store you can only find out by contacting them directly yourself.

Sep 11, 2018 5:23 AM in response to yana_b1

Not new direct from Apple. Apple sells specific keyboards to specific markets. You might find one on eBay from an American. QWERTY keyboards can be adjusted to use the American keyboard layout in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Language and Region. The physical keys may still be marked for use with German, but they will function more like American keyboards.

Show keyboard and emojis in menubar under Apple menu -> System Preferences -> keyboard. This will allow you to open a Keyboard viewer to let you know what a specific keyboard layout actually is like, and reproduce what menu shortcuts give you inflections.

MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.