Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated my laptop to Windows 10, and I am running version 1803...the most updated version. But I am still being told I can't access my iTunes acct because Windows 10 needs to be updated. Why?

Can anyone help?

Windows 10, iTunes

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 10:01 AM

6 replies

Sep 13, 2018 4:55 PM in response to clemson32

If you see the message "Software Update Required" in an error message telling you that you need to update Windows when you are using Windows 7 or later then you are likely running a build older than 12.7.2.58 and the message should be telling you to update iTunes. Apart from 12.6.4.3 & 12.6.5.3 all other builds with a lower version number than 12.7.2.58 have outdated encryption support and are no longer able to connect to the iTunes Store for account management purposes. See About App Store and iTunes Store availability - Apple Support for more information. Install a more recent version of iTunes from this list of iTunes installers.

tt2

Oct 19, 2018 2:32 AM in response to stevenfrombotany

Not the same issue as the original poster, though equally aggravating I'm sure. My iCloud for Windows just updated, but the current release notes do mention the April release. Normally you would expect a new minor OS release to be compatible with existing software. What was the exact text of the message you got when you tried to install? Have you written to Feedback - iCloud - Apple yet?

tt2

Oct 19, 2018 12:44 AM in response to clemson32

iCloud is not compatible with Windows 10 v1809 OS Built 17763.55, read the message after it tried to install, which says, that iCloud is only compatible with Windows 10 April 2018 update which makes it useless for all the people that have updated to the latest Windows 10 v1809 OS Built 17763. This is the reason I'm here to try and find an answer??? But, I'm not finding any answers from either Apple or Microsoft, all we can do is wait until either Apple makes iCloud compatible and/or Microsoft has a patch for the last iCloud to work with v1809 OS Built 17763.55.

I have updated my laptop to Windows 10, and I am running version 1803...the most updated version. But I am still being told I can't access my iTunes acct because Windows 10 needs to be updated. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.