Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Screen going crazy

I have an iPhone X that seems to be opening apps, opening browsers, etc on its own. This is the second time it's happened and my third restoration of the device. The first time it helped it a little, but this time I was barely even able to set up the phone as it kept overriding my input. The first time it would just take over the text window if you were typing and just freeze while you watched helplessly as it typed nonsense. Right now the phone just does what it wants. If i'm on a phone call, it hangs up. It opens numerous safari pages, photos, deletes alarms, and calendar entries. It's as if the phone is possessed to be honest. I am on the current software (11.4.1) with all the apps updated as of this message. I even set up as a new device and tried again. That reset process was extremely frustrating to say the least, as I could barely get to one screen to the next before the phone went back to previous screens on its own. Has anyone else had a real solution to this problem? Restarting and restoring is not a real solution.

iPhone X, iOS 11.3

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 5:30 PM

victorfromsandy springs,

You should have your phone checked at an Apple store or Authorized Service Center:

Find Locations

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

iPhone X Screen going crazy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.