Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is an @my.minbox.mail account? How did I get it? I

Precursor: My IT guy at work just updated the apple software on my iPad. I saw this on my phone, but they share the same Apple account. A random @my.minbox.mail account is now showing up in my inbox as an email account that I can compose an email from. I can’t see it in my email accounts in settings. How do I get rid of it? Is it an invasive virus or an extension of an app?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 7:33 AM

Thank you so much for your input kb! Actually in searching through more Apple discussion posts I found the solution, so I am Copy and Pasting it here for others. (FYI my problem was from “RedAlerts Emergency” (flash flood, amber alert, etc...APP or IMAP I downloaded onto my phone 18 months ago.)

:

I unknowingly accepted an app that ended up being a "minbox" mail drop account that added to my mail accounts. Could not delete through routine mail account deletion process. However, going to SETTINGS>GENERAL>PROFILE I was able to see the app name and delete it. The mail account IMAP was deleted.

Posted on Jan 16, 2016 5:37 PM

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2018 7:33 AM in response to kb1951

Thank you so much for your input kb! Actually in searching through more Apple discussion posts I found the solution, so I am Copy and Pasting it here for others. (FYI my problem was from “RedAlerts Emergency” (flash flood, amber alert, etc...APP or IMAP I downloaded onto my phone 18 months ago.)

:

I unknowingly accepted an app that ended up being a "minbox" mail drop account that added to my mail accounts. Could not delete through routine mail account deletion process. However, going to SETTINGS>GENERAL>PROFILE I was able to see the app name and delete it. The mail account IMAP was deleted.

Posted on Jan 16, 2016 5:37 PM

What is an @my.minbox.mail account? How did I get it? I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.