Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I told my iPhone to forget a network, now I need to access that Bluetooth network. How do I recover access?

How do I recover access to that Bluetooth network?

Posted on Sep 15, 2018 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 10:37 AM

Aha! Okay, for Bluetooth, do two things: first, turn Bluetooth off. ( settings > Bluetooth )

Second thing, be sure the earbuds are set in discoverable mode (that is, they are turned on, powered up, whatever)

Third thing, turn on Bluetooth on the phone. The phone will 'discover' the earbuds.

8 replies

Sep 15, 2018 9:28 PM in response to normanfromoakland

Bluetooth is a connection made directly from your iPhone to a device like earphones, speakers, home pods, etc.

You are probably thinking of your wifi network connection. You can rediscover the forgotten wifi network by turning wifi off, and then turning it back on again.

To turn your wifi off, tap settings, tap wifi, and turn the wifi switch off at the top of the page. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the wifi back on. If you're in range of the wifi network, it should show up as an option.

Sep 16, 2018 9:42 AM in response to normanfromoakland

On a rare occasion, you might have to restart your phone to re-engage the wifi. If switching wifi off and back on does not work, simply hold he power button and slide on the screen to turn the phone off.

Then hit the power button to turn it back on. Once the phone restarts, the wifi network will be an option if you're within range of that network.

I told my iPhone to forget a network, now I need to access that Bluetooth network. How do I recover access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.