Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures

I always have the same apple-id in my daughters phone as I have in mine. but after I just got my new Iphone X, i’ve started to get all her pictures and she gets all mine. i’ve change apple id in her phone and I dont have the picture sharing things on. how do i stop our phones from sharing each others pictures?

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 1:51 PM

Hello Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble with content being shared between your phone and your daughter's, and I have some information that may help.

Apple IDs are not really meant to be shared by more than one person, as the primary purpose of iCloud is a syncing service between your devices. Your best bet is to have separate Apple IDs for both phones, and if there is content you wish to share, like apps, or photos, you can do so using Family Sharing, a free service that allows you to set up a family group that you can oversee. Have a look at the articles below for some helpful information.
Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support
Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2018 1:51 PM in response to SaraBG22

Hello Sara,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble with content being shared between your phone and your daughter's, and I have some information that may help.

Apple IDs are not really meant to be shared by more than one person, as the primary purpose of iCloud is a syncing service between your devices. Your best bet is to have separate Apple IDs for both phones, and if there is content you wish to share, like apps, or photos, you can do so using Family Sharing, a free service that allows you to set up a family group that you can oversee. Have a look at the articles below for some helpful information.
Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support
Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.