Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying a watch in the USA for use in Spain

Hi, I plan to buy a Series 4 GPS Apple watch when visiting the USA next month. I live in Spain.

I don't think there is an issue with using a watch bought in the USA in Europe but could someone confirm please? Also whether the guarantee is worldwide or USA only?

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 9:48 AM

The GPS-only model will pair and make all connections through your iPhone, so it will work anywhere your iPhone has data service. The cellular models sold in USA use different frequency bands and will not work on European cellular networks. Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple has details.

The warranty on a watch purchased in USA will be limited to service in USA. You will not have warranty cover in Europe. See Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2018 9:48 AM in response to sueinspain

The GPS-only model will pair and make all connections through your iPhone, so it will work anywhere your iPhone has data service. The cellular models sold in USA use different frequency bands and will not work on European cellular networks. Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple has details.

The warranty on a watch purchased in USA will be limited to service in USA. You will not have warranty cover in Europe. See Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

Buying a watch in the USA for use in Spain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.