Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage is full. Now it won't turn on.

There is a plethora of information on the internet on what to do when your storage is almost full. But no information on what to do once your phone has no more space and will not start up.

I can get to the apple icon on the screen but it just sits there for hours. I can reboot using the side keys but get the same thing each time.

I tried connecting to my computer and opening the data from there. It shows 0gb free. I cannot open the files from there.

I have tried to open the phone via iTunes but it gives an error saying iTunes cannot access my phone.

First question is, can I start the phone without losing any data?

If necessary, how do I reset the phone so I can turn it on and begin the process of restoring it?

iPhone X, not quite sure of the iOS

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 6:07 AM

Hello Elwar123,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPhone X has become stuck on the Apple logo during startup. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

I recommend forcing your iPhone into recovery mode using the steps in the section "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" of the link below. While in recovery mode iTunes will try to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. I know your personal content can be extremely valuable, so it's important that you choose Update when you get to step 4. iTunes will then try to reinstall iOS without removing your data. Please keep in mind that if iTunes is unable to successfully update, you will need to restore.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Let us know the results. Please include any error messages and additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2018 6:07 AM in response to Elwar123

Hello Elwar123,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPhone X has become stuck on the Apple logo during startup. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

I recommend forcing your iPhone into recovery mode using the steps in the section "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" of the link below. While in recovery mode iTunes will try to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. I know your personal content can be extremely valuable, so it's important that you choose Update when you get to step 4. iTunes will then try to reinstall iOS without removing your data. Please keep in mind that if iTunes is unable to successfully update, you will need to restore.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Let us know the results. Please include any error messages and additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

iPhone storage is full. Now it won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.