Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Wireless keyboard gone AWOL!

945 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2007 9:02 AM by jo.we RSS
Matthew Carter3 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 13, 2007 10:10 AM
When my iMac started up this morning, it couldn't find my wireless (Apple) keyboard. No problem, I thought: batteries must be flat. I replaced them... and still no joy.

Must be a fault with the Apple keyboard, I thought. Then I tried it with my iBook and it works fine. Must be a Bluetooth problem with the iMac, I thought. No, the wireless mouse works fine.

So I reset the SMU. No change. OK, I thought, I'll reset the PRAM... except that without a keyboard, that's impossible.

Here's what happens: on start up, nothing happens when I tap the keys so I cannot input my password to log on. After a few minutes, the iMac starts searching for a keyboard and, after two or three goes, 'finds' my keyboard. But instead of asking me to type in a pairing password it simply says the keyboard has been paired... except it hasn't. I'm really stuck. Does anyone have any ideas?

Matthew
G5 iMac 1.8GHz; iBook G4 1.42GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.