Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery status

Lost my password and had to do a recovery. It's started last Tuesday and still no contact. My phone won't work at all how do i check the recovery process?

Posted on Sep 16, 2018 8:53 PM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2018 7:39 AM in response to JulesMurphy66

Hi JulesMurphy66,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you'd like to check the status of your Apple ID recovery process. You've come to the right place! Please review the steps and information below:

Check the status or cancel your request

• At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.
  • In some cases, you might be able to provide credit-card details and shorten the wait time. If you’re given the option to confirm your credit-card details, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.
    If you enter the correct details but you're asked to reenter your security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might be declining your authorization attempts.
  • If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.
Recover your Apple ID when you can't reset your password

Have a great day!

Recovery status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.