Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie crashes when I click on Titles button

With a project open, I click the Titles button. Titles appear as blank ovals for a second or two then iMovie crashes.

I've tried removing the Preferences file with no change.

iMovie 10.1.9

High Sierra 10.13.6

Model Name:iMac
Model Identifier:iMac12,2
Processor Name:Intel Core i5
Processor Speed:3.1 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:4
L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
L3 Cache:6 MB
Memory:20 GB
Boot ROM Version:IM121.004F.B00
SMC Version (system):1.72f2

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 8:15 AM

If you have already without success tried opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and deleting preferences in the box that appears, next try booting up in Safe Mode (see Help Menu) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and boot up in normal mode.

If neither of those things work, try creating a new project and see if the problem persists or disappears.

If the problem still persists, try doing a re-download of your iMovie app from the online app store.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2018 8:15 AM in response to David Dubble

If you have already without success tried opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and deleting preferences in the box that appears, next try booting up in Safe Mode (see Help Menu) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and boot up in normal mode.

If neither of those things work, try creating a new project and see if the problem persists or disappears.

If the problem still persists, try doing a re-download of your iMovie app from the online app store.

-- Rich

iMovie crashes when I click on Titles button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.