Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12 and Siri Shortcuts

Now iOS 12 is out how do I create shortcuts for accessibility actions in the new Shortcuts app? For example I want to turn auto answer on and off with Siri by creating a shortcut.

A brief look through the Shortcuts app and there is a worrying lack of mention of amy accessibility shotcuts, none in gallery, for example.

Phoned Apple accessbily department and thry didn’t have a clue.

Siri Shottcuts shouot be giving a boost to those with physicsl accessibility issues but I can’t see anything useful.

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 12:39 PM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2018 10:41 PM in response to Londonmediaman

Hi. As of October 2018, the Shortcuts app does not support any control over turning features under Accessibility on/off.

However, we could get these types of features in the future, since Shortcuts is a separate app on the AppStore, so if the SiriKit / Siri Shortcuts team are on it, they might be able to pull it off. But as of today, the answer is unfortunately no.

Oct 13, 2018 2:07 AM in response to esaruoho

Thanks for confirming what I had determined since iOS 12 and the Shortcuts app launched on 12 September. Apple offered a gallery of ready made shortcuts to help people get started, just a pity it forgot about accessibility. Missed opportunity to build on its accessibility credentials. Hopefully it’s various departments and engineers will get their act together and realise this technology can be life transforming for some if it is implemented

iOS 12 and Siri Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.