Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

How do I stop the photos taken on my I phone from syncing to my son’s I pad?

Posted on Sep 17, 2018 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 10:56 PM

Hi, Elizabeth,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you've noticed that pictures you take on your iPhone are appearing on your son's iPad, which you would like to stop. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you may be using the same Apple ID on both your iPhone, and your son's iPad, in iCloud. If that is the case, it's likely you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, which syncs your pictures across all devices using that Apple ID: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support .

To resolve this, I recommend setting your son up with his own Apple ID for use on the iPad: Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support . If your son is under 13, you can create a child Apple ID for him, and use Family Sharing to approve purchases: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support .

Have a wonderful day.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2018 10:56 PM in response to elizabethfromgretna

Hi, Elizabeth,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you've noticed that pictures you take on your iPhone are appearing on your son's iPad, which you would like to stop. I'm happy to help!

It sounds like you may be using the same Apple ID on both your iPhone, and your son's iPad, in iCloud. If that is the case, it's likely you have iCloud Photo Library enabled, which syncs your pictures across all devices using that Apple ID: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support .

To resolve this, I recommend setting your son up with his own Apple ID for use on the iPad: Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support . If your son is under 13, you can create a child Apple ID for him, and use Family Sharing to approve purchases: Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support .

Have a wonderful day.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.